A Christmas Weekend in Amish Country
Published November of 2020, updated dates and events will be listed in November of 2021.
Are you looking for a festive Christmas town to visit this year? Something with that small-town feel? You’ve come to the right place. There may be no place like home for the holidays, but we are sure our list of activities will get you in the holiday spirit.
We’ve done all the work and created a weekend itinerary; all you have to do is pack the car and put “Amish Country” in the GPS!
- Start the weekend off with a bang! Hop on our spacious passenger vans as we take you through the beautiful Amish countryside. We will make stops at 3 Amish homes where you’ll get to enjoy homemade Christmas cookies. Our Amish families will welcome you into their homes, share their holiday traditions with you, and send you home with handwritten recipes. Who wouldn’t want to eat Christmas cookies for two hours? Amish Christmas Cookie Tour Tickets & Info
- Kitchen Kettle Village is the ideal place to find a Christmas gift for your loved ones. With so many stores to choose from, there is a locally made gift for everyone on your list. We suggest going on a Saturday to enjoy their special Santa Event. Kids can enjoy getting their picture taken with Santa, a fun scavenger hunt, and sweet treats. Tickets for the Santa event are required, but shopping is open to the public.
- Strasburg Rail Road’s Night Before Christmas Train transports you back to yesteryear and the nostalgia of long-ago Christmas’s. Wear your jammies and get cozy and enjoy as you enjoy milk and cookies on your way back to the station. The Rail Road has several different event options so be sure to check out their website.
- Drive through Christmas lights are so last year! It’s all about ziplining through the lit-up trees this season. Our friends at Refreshing Mountain have put together a spectacular zip line course all decked out in Christmas décor and lights. (P.S. They also have drive-through Christmas lights for those afraid of heights!!)
- Hershey’s Chocolate World is having Breakfast with Santa! Join Santa for a buffet breakfast and learn how things are done at the North Pole. You need to get up early for this spectacular event.
- Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery in Lititz is a quick interactive stop in the lovely town of Lititz. Learn how to roll a pretzel! Pick up some gifts in the retail store and stroll around Lititz looking for that unique hard to find a gift.
- Everybody loves ice cream (even when it’s cold outside)! If you still have room after a big breakfast and soft pretzels, head over to the Turkey Hill Experience. Learn all about how ice cream is made and create your own personal flavor.
Our Santa & Goats event is back! Join us December 11th for our annual Santa & Goats event. The event includes getting your picture taken with Santa and our goats, snuggle with our animals, and jump on a hayride.
Places to Stay:
There are several lovely Bed & Breakfasts in Amish Country. Check out our list to see who we recommend.
*Please be mindful that masks may be required to be worn at attractions. Reservations are necessary for events. Please see individual websites to reserve your tickets. Events will sell out so don’t delay in booking!